Homemade granola, energy bar: your grab-on-the-go breakfast (or snack) to fill you up when in a hurry!
Here’s the perfect way for the busiest people – or just if you’re not a morning person – to avoid starving in the office or succumbing to the temptation of grabbing a high-calorie, buttery muffin at the cafe along the way. This plant-based, crunchy and energy bar will boost your energy and provides all nutrients you need to rock your day: in fact, it’s rich in fiber, healthy fats and proteins. If you just can’t give up the pleasure of a sweet, delightful snack – and you shouldn’t(!) – this is definitely the cruelty-free and sustainable option you were looking for.
What you need:
- 100 g rolled oats
- 100 g raw almonds
- 100g finely chopped hazelnuts
- 120 g pitted dates
- 50 g almond butter
- 50 g coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g dried blueberries
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
Instructions how to prepare energy bar :
1. Chop coarsely the raw almonds and toast it with hazelnuts and oats in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes (or until slightly golden brown).
2. Puree a handful of dates (or apricots, as you prefer) in a blender with the almond butter, coconut oil (olive oil is good, too) and vanilla extract for 1 minute. This plant-based paste will give the right consistency to our mixture, as well as sweeten it naturally. Alternatively, you can smash a banana instead of the dates and add 1 ½ cup of almond milk with maple syrup.
3. Stir all ingredients up together in a bowl and add dried blueberries and pumpkin seeds to the mixture. Optional step: add a handful of coconut flour, or 20 g of extra-dark chocolate to make it more yummy!
4. Put the mixture in a baking pan and use the back of a spoon to spread and flatten it.
5. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes
6. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan
7. Slice it into the desired number of bars (6 or 8)
8. Enjoy it right away or pack it into a tiny, reusable snack bag and take it anywhere you go!
A homemade granola bar is a hearty snack for the sports enthusiast or just a healthy way to take a break and satisfy your sweet tooth. As you might notice, we’ve suggested you different alternatives to customize your recipe, so that you can try all options and finally chose your favourite version. We from Naturaty definitely fell in love with homemade granola, energy bar but even more, we are crazy about our Organic Almond and Cashew Bar and Organic Energy Cacao Bar. A crunchy delight that combines the addictive taste of nuts and the beneficial nutrients of nuts. This is the energy bar you needed if you don’t have time to prepare your own’s one. Our special organic bars are part of vegan gift boxes – check them out here!
One of Naturaty’s values that we are proud of, is that 100% of our products are cruelty-free and vegan!